Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Elton John Taps Justin Timberlake for New Film » Gossip

Elton John Taps Justin Timberlake for New Film » Gossip 
Elton John Taps Justin Timberlake for New Film


He’s one of the most colorful and creative forces in pop music over the past four decades, and Elton John is about to be immortalized in a new biopic.

The “Benny and the Jets” hitmaker is excited about the fantasy musical biopic “Rocketman” and he knows just who he wants to play him- Justin Timberlake.

John told press, "I've got a wish list of people. No. 1 on my wish list is Justin Timberlake, because he played me before in a David LaChapelle video of "This Train Don’t Stop There Anymore" and was superb."

Speaking about the film, Elton shared, "That would be a jukebox musical in earnest, maybe with a couple of new songs. You never know. Because it's going to be a surreal look at my life, and not just a factual look at my life, more in the manner of a ‘Moulin Rouge!’ I just don't want it to be a normal biopic because my life hasn't been like that. And it only goes up to when I go into rehab in 1990. It starts with me going into rehab and ends when I come out."
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...